DYLITE? resin is a leading expandable polystyrene (EPS) resin in the global cup and container market. This high-performing resin is specifically designed for molding disposable products such as dual-use drinking cups, noodle bowls, takeout containers and ice cream containers.
DYLITE EPS resins offer highly consistent, extremely small and narrow bead-size distribution, allowing molders the opportunity to produce high-gloss, fast cycling products.
DYLITE resin complies with the following:
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration Code of Federal Regulations title 21, section 177.1640 (Polystyrene) and 178.3010 (Blowing Agents)
- The European Community Directive 90/128/EEC and 99/91/EC
- Better thermal insulation properties
- Cold drinks stay cold longer in high temperature conditions
- Hot drinks stay hot while not thermally conducting the heat, keeping customers’ hands cool
- Eliminates the practice of “double cupping”
- Foam cups made from DYLITE resins produce less condensation on the outer walls of the cup
- Less condensation results in a stronger container
- Strong and lightweight
- Contains no CFC's (Chlorofluorocarbons)
- Takes 30% less energy to produce an EPS container than a coated, bleached paperboard container
- Can be 100% recycled
- Extremely efficient use of material -- 95% air
Click here to view a full list of EPS products and properties?